At the heart of the global marketplace are the billions of transactions that happen every day. There are multiple human touch-points between Buyers and Suppliers — each of which cost time and the possibility of human error. Increasing demands for compliance bring ever more intricate regulation. In response, businesses today are searching for ways to streamline and become more agile. Trusted, passionate and proven, Tungsten Network is making the digitization of commerce faster, easier and smarter between Buyers and Suppliers around the world. Our network has built a community with over half the Fortune 500 and is easing the accounts payable process with higher visibility, greater insights and unprecedented speed. The future of the global marketplace is here.
The Linux Engineer role within Tungsten Network is responsible for supporting existing infrastructure and applications at Tungsten Network to ensure continued operation of the Tungsten Network service to meet and exceed agreed service levels. The Linux Engineer role supports a 24/7/365 operation for monitoring our production services and acts as third line support to business users and second line support for Application Support.
Candidates will be expected to learn Tungsten Networks applications and infrastructure and be able to perform troubleshooting and respond to managed service providers regarding alerts within our hosted environments.
The role is full time and reports to Technology Manager, Production Services and would suit an organized, practical and adaptable person with desire to grow and develop technical skills in a fast-growing global company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand Tungsten Network applications and infrastructure and know how to utilize tools to investigate problems reported in each. Ability to use log aggregation tools such as Splunk or track errors through raw logs is key.
- Understand Tungsten Network computing, storage, and network systems to respond to monitoring alerts from production systems and resolve or direct questions to development groups for assistance in resolving possible bugs.
- Understand Amazon Web Services (Cloud Computing Services) and able to perform basic troubleshooting when necessary.
- Act as second line support for Application Support on problem investigations for document processing and file transfer software.
- Act as third line of support for business users performing problem investigations for client facing support teams for document processing and file transfer software.
- Act as the main person to maintain application that running in Unix/Linux environment. Perform housekeeping and develop custom script when required.
- Able to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Able to spot repetitive issue and suggest permanent solution by fixing the root issue.
- Identify problem areas with existing applications and create tool or custom script to streamline processes.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on network problems; escalating problems to managed service provider if needed.
- Participate in all training for any new release/product to production environments and ensure all documentation are available and able to provide support post training.
- Participate in paid weekend on-call rotation for key services in client facing environments.
- Bachelors/A Level or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar
- 2-3 years administrating Windows and Linux Production Environments
- Minimum 2-3 years exposure on the Perl /Phyton/Bash scripting
- Minimum 2-3 years commercial experience as Level 2 support with background PL/SQL
- Minimum 2-3 years hands on experience in installing and configuring Splunk
- Organized – Able to keep track of an environment with many different workflows across heterogeneous systems.
- Detail Oriented – Able to identify relevant information out of a broad expanse of available documentation and logging.
- Knowledgeable – Familiar with a broad set of IT concepts (networking, storage, Windows, Linux) yet not necessarily a master of all of them, but Linux is a must.
- Flexible – Able to adapt to fast-moving environment and independently as well as with team.
Core Competencies (Skills Matrix)
Optimum Index Level (1-5, 5 being highest)
Communicate via Ticketing System (Service Cloud), E-Mail and Phone in a helpful, polite manner. 5
Able to communicate changes in business applications to business users. 5
UNIX/LINUX PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT
Understand Linux CLI (CentOS/RHEL Preferred) 4
Able to investigate Linux/Unix Services and control as needed 4
Able to configure common Linux Services (nfs, smb, sendmail, sshd, ftpd) 4
Understand Perl, Phyton and Bash scripts used in Tungsten Network workflows 4
WINDOWS PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT
Understand Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and other domain services 3
Understand Windows Batch Scripts and command line functions used in Tungsten Network workflows 3
Understand common log searching techniques (Splunk, Agent Ransack, grep, etc) 4
Understand Staging and Test environments in AWS 3
Control AWS computing resources by AWS console 3
Understand Network Infrastructure and how traffic is routed across VPN linked sites 4
Understand file transfer process at all OSI layers 4
Understand FTP, SFTP, HTTP(S), and AS2 file transfer methods in depth 4
Experience with enterprise level Managed File Transfer software (SecureTransport, CLEO Harmony, Globalscape, Seeburger) 4
Able to track files through multiple systems from external connectivity through to documented workflows driven by batch/bash/perl scripts. 4
Hands on experience with connectivity related command line applications for sending/receiving files and cryptography (OpenPGP, openssl, putty/puttygen, ssh-keygen, curl, wget, psftp) 4
Able to troubleshoot connectivity issues, identify firewall vs. application level errors and pinpoint issues with specific configurations. 5
Understand mail based (SMTP) connectivity workflow 3
Able to gather data from SQL Database in efficient manner (SELECT, JOIN, COUNT, etc) 3
Understands Tungsten Network database schema and how to gather relevant information from Oracle environment for individual services 3
Understand support structure for Oracle / MySQL DBAs and infrastructure 3
Able to write SQL scripts for safely updating, inserting, or deleting information from Oracle DB 3
Ability to read and understand Windows batch scripts 4
Ability to read & write Perl/Phyton/Bash scripts 4
Ability to read and understand firewall logs 4
Ability to make use of network monitoring tool on troubleshooting connectivity issue 4
This is a Permanent Position
Tungsten Network Sdn Bhd, offer Locational Independent Working - We currently have a rotational 2 week roster.
Teams come into our T Hub location at Menara Prestige , to meet once every 2 weeks and all other days, employees have the option to work in our Co Working Space or work from any other location of their choosing.